The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is offering a free online course that equips participants with know-how on the planning and management of eye care, to combat blindness and visual impairment globally. The course is intended for all health care providers, health managers, NGO staff with an interest, and some experience of, eye care health services among others.
The course lasts for 6 weeks and covers topics that include:
- Epidemiological data on the causes and prevalence of blindness and visual impairment
- Key public health strategies for cataract and refractive error
- Health systems strengthening
- The principles of monitoring and evaluation
- The relevance and local applicability of global endeavours like VISION 2020: The Right to Sight and The Global Action Plan 2014-2019
The next run of the course is currently open to participants and will begin March 12th 2018.
Read more here: Planning and Managing Eye Care Services